Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Leadership Day 1

Ok so I am one of the fortunate ones to not only be able to register for the Stampin' Up Leadership Conference in Nashville, TN, but by the grace of God, MAKE IT here! We were so fortunate to miss the brunt of the latest snow storm and make it out of the Philly airport on time and with no trouble whatsoever.  Some of you know I am not in the least bit a morning person, but I was up at 5:45 AM, and on time to my uplines house, and we were to the airport at 8 AM.  Our flight arrived and left ontime (extremely odd for Philly, but I'm not complaining) I did, however, get the TSA XRAY vision screening & "invade your personal space" pat down. It was no big deal and then the woman patted my arms and my wrists! WEIRD!

We are staying at the most beautiful resort ever! The Gaylord Opryland Resort WOWZERS this place is amazing. It has a sprawling 9 acres indoor Atrium garden with numerous waterfalls, and a riverboat that winds around the atrium floor. I ginormous Christmas tree, and festive Christmas decorations still up.  I thought I would wander around tonight in my free time since Kristin and Claire both went to Manager's Reception (I didn't qualify, this year..... Next year I will!) Yeah, I got lost many times. I have never in my life stayed anywhere so huge.

I found myself at this lovely Italian restaurant, by my lonesome, and a friendly fellow demo asked me what looked good. Well, we soon made friends and I was happy not to have to dine on fabulous Italian Carbobara Papardelle alone. Thanks for keeping me company Barb!

Next on the agenda was to navigate myself to my first class called, "Manager's Reception: Be There Next Year".  Let's hope the good notes I took pay off! Look out downline - there's going to be a whole lot of inspiration and motivation coming your way soon.

Anyhoo, I made a BEAUTIFUL swap card using the "Valentine Defined" stamp set which is a new set in the Occasions Mini. I really have fallen in love with this set! This is not the best picture. I had to use my phone since I don't have a camera. I know GASP!!!! What are you gonna do? You make do! I will take a better picture when I get home. Or maybe my nice upline will take one for me tomorrow to replace this one..... hummmmmmm

Here is a list of supplies I used:
Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler, and Whisper White 8.5X11 cardstock
Cherry Cobbler (for the definition stamp) and Basic Grey classic ink (for the flowers)
Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder

This is a card we will be making in my January workshops, so if you love this card as much as I do, I would love to show you how easy it was to make!

Ok, off to bed now. It's 11:10 PM here, but 12:10 AM on the East coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment