Saturday, September 25, 2010

Two very different styles - One design!

Did you ever feel downhearted and say to yourself, "I feel like I just keep doing the same things!" Well I been making things somewhat the same lately but on purpose.  I challenged myself to use the same design for a card at least two times with different styles to show that you don't have to be "design star" in order to feel creative or make stunning cards.

My hostess this week wanted to make vintage Christmas cards. I love the vintage look, especially around the holidays, but I also know that not everyone likes that style.  I am quite proud of myself! I think the two layouts I came up with are so simple and easy to recreate with any collection of stamps and papers. 

The cards above were created using:
Petals a Plenty embossing folder
Cherry Cobbler classic ink & 8.5x11 cardstock
Decorative Label Punch
Scallop Trim Punch
Island Floral Bigz Die
  Very Vanilla or Whisper White Cardstock
Deck the Halls or Holly Jolly Designer Series paper
Glimmer Brads or Self Adhesive backed rhinestones
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon



The  card was created using:                         The Vintage card was created using:
Marina Mist Classic Ink & 8.5x11 CS           Always Artichoke 8.5x11 cardstock
Versa Mark                                                     Versa Mark
Hostess set Northern Hearts                           Hostess set Northern Hearts
Tags Till Christmas Stamp                             Word Play stamp
Holly Jolly Designer Series Paper                  Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Real Red Textured 12x12 CS                         Cherry Cobbler Textured 12x12 CS
Silver Tinsel Trim                                           Clear Tinsel Trim
Real Red Satin Ribbon                                   Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
2-3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch                     2-3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch
Circle Punch                                                   Circle Punch

I hope this inspires you to look at your "tired, old layouts" in a new exciting way!
Happy Stamping!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment